Newsletters and News Releases
In Connection Newsletter
Suicide Reporting Recommendations:
Reporting on Suicide
- June 2019 - Sharing Knowledge with our Communities' Schools, Agencies, and Businesses
- Summer 2018 - Communities Help Us Help Communities
- July 2017 - Talking Two-Spirit, Join The Conversation
- August 2016 - Soles Remembering Souls
- February 2016 - Random Acts of Kindness
- August 2015 - Aboriginal Cultural Festival
- February 2015 - Crisis Text now available!
- June 2014 - Volunteer: Give the Gift of Time
- Winter 2014 - Men & Therapy: Are We Meeting the Needs of Men Bereaved by Suicide?
- Spring 2013 - Crisis Chat: Online Emotional Support
- Fall 2012 - Helping People Find Their Way
- March 2012 - Connecting Our Island Community
- April 2011 - Central Vancouver Island Crisis Society Celebrates 40 Years
- April 2010 - Seamless Transition of Crisis Line Service
- September 2009 - Youth Suicide Concerns Addressed in SD#68
- April 2009 - Crisis Line Workers: Where Are They Now?
- September 8, 2020 - Vancouver Island Crisis Society is now offering ISLAND-WIDE Suicide Bereavement Support Services
- March 17, 2020 - Crisis Line Awareness Week, March 23 to 27, 2020 / Wow! Vancouver Island Crisis Society’s 50-Year Milestone
- September 5, 2019 - Soles Remembering Souls 2019 addresses "We Are Suicide Prevention," Maffeo Sutton Park, Nanaimo [updated]
- August 21, 2018 - Soles Remembering Souls 2018 addresses Loneliness, Maffeo Sutton Park, Nanaimo
- August 14, 2017 - Soles Remembering Souls 2017 addresses Healing, Maffeo Sutton Park, Nanaimo.
- August 8, 2016 - Soles Remembering Souls 2016 addresses Zero Suicide, Maffeo Sutton Park, Nanaimo.
- November 2, 2015 - International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day - Suicide Loss: What Helps?
- March 23, 2015 - Connect to Support through Crisis Text
- December 10, 2014 - Christmas: Too much or not enough?
- November 21, 2014 - Former Vancouver Island Crisis Society volunteer Rhonda Williams shares her story of suicide loss in this excerpt from Shaw TV Nanaimo's go! Island series, broadcast from November 25 to December 1, 2014.
- October 24, 2014 - Soles Remembering Souls addresses Connecting Survivors, Port Theatre, November 23, 2014
- July 18, 2013 - Why Crisis Chat?
- October 30, 2012 - An Important Message from the Crisis Line Association of BC (presentation of province-wide crisis lines and Vancouver Island Crisis Line; discusses S.O.S. - Signs of Suicide)
- September 24, 2012 -Coast Capital donates $10,000 to the Vancouver Island Crisis Society to support youth suicide prevention programs
- August 27, 2012 - Strengthening Protective Factors and Instilling Hope
- December 12, 2011 - Christmas Campaign 2011: Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas!
- March 15, 2011 - Crisis Line Awareness Week March 20-26, 2011: One Year of Service for the Vancouver Island Crisis Line 1-888-494-3888
- March 17, 2010 - Crisis Line Awareness Week: Seamless Transition of Island Crisis Line Service
- February 10, 2010 - Crisis Line Service Provider Contract Signed