- Recommendations for Media: Reporting on Suicide
- BeThe1To: Five Action Steps for communicating with someone who may be suicidal are supported by evidence in the field of suicide prevention.
- American Association of Suicidology
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention
- International Association for Suicide Prevention
- What To Do If You’re Depressed Or Have Suicidal Thoughts
Support for Survivors of Suicide Loss
Suicide Bereavement Support on Vancouver Island
- Need2, Victoria: Suicide Support Group
Support for Suicide Attempt Survivors
Mental Health & Crisis Line Support
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Crisis Line Association of BC
- Vancouver Island Mental Health Society
- Mind Your Mind
- Your Life Counts
- Kelty Mental Health
- Not Myself Today
- Healthy Minds Healthy People
- Open Mind
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America
- Lifeline Crisis Chat's Mental Health Library: This expansive library links to numerous articles pertaining to mental health issues and support.
- Guide to Aboriginal Organizations & Services
- Database of the First Nations of Vancouver Island
- First Nations of Vancouver Island Map
- Map of First Nations, Métis Communities, and Friendship Centres served by Island Health (PDF)
- First Nations Health Authority
- First Nations Health Authority - Vancouver Island
- First Nations Health Authority - Hope, Help, and Healing: A Planning Toolkit for First Nations and Aboriginal Communities to Prevent and Respond to Suicide
- Orientation to Child, Youth & Family Mental Health and Substance Use Services (presents Comox Valley and Campbell River resources)
Supports for Military Personnel
- Wounded Warriors: Honour the Fallen, Help the Living
- You're Not Alone: Mental Health Resources for CAF Members and Families
- PTSD Association of Canada: Resources for Armed Forces
- Veterans Affairs Canada: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and War-Related Stress
- The Battle Buddy Foundation: Founded by Veterans to Serve Veterans (USA)
- Veterans Transition Network
- Stop Soldier Suicide
- Esquimalt Military Family Centre (MFRC)
- Comox Morale & Welfare Services
Youth and Gender Support
- Suicide and Social Media: A tip sheet for parents and providers (PDF)
- Man Therapy: Take the 20-point head examination.
- Foundry: Offers young people ages 12 to 24 health and wellness resources, services and supports both online and through integrated service centres in six communities across BC.
- FamilySmart: Provides families and professionals with information, tools, and tips on how to support and assist children with mental health difficulties.
- erase: Expect Respect and A Safe Education. Information for youth and for parents, as well as content pertaining to policies, resources, and safe schools.
- Bullying.org: Eliminate bullying in our society by supporting individuals and organizations to take positive action.
- Kelty Eating Disorders: Materials and support about eating disorders, treatment potential and resources throughout British Columbia.1-800-555-8222
- Collaborative Toolbox: The 'one-stop shop' for child and youth MHSU tools and resources. Sharing what works, community to community.
- Qmunity BC’s Queer Resource Centre: TProfessionals deliver vital social services and programs for the LGBTQ community. Vancouver 1-604-684-5301 ext. 100 Toll free 1-800-566-1170
- It Gets Better Project: Interactive website encourages lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth to make active choices to benefit their future.
- TransLifeline (Transgender Crisis Line): 1-877-330-6366 (Canada)
- Authored by Lyndsay Wells; published in International Journal of Child, Youth & Family Studies (Vol. 5, No. 1 - 2014): Connection and Relational Engagement in a Youth Suicide Prevention Program