Communication in the Workplace
Employees who feel capable and confident about handling difficult situations in the workplace experience greater job satisfaction, heightened productivity, and less absenteeism, thus creating a positive impact for the entire team.
- The role of stress in the workplace
- Building a cohesive team
- The cornerstone of communication is effective listening
- The impact attitudes, perceptions and judgements have on communication
- Communicating with distraught people
- Setting personal and professional boundaries
If you are interested in having us present Communication in the Workplace, contact us at 250-753-2495, toll free at 1-877-753-2495, or via email at email@example.com. Please include preferred dates and an estimate of how many attendees from your agency or business would participate. Thank you.
Please note that this customizable, three-hour workshop can be facilitated on our premises, at your location, or in a virtual environment.
Fee: $1000; Fee for nonprofit agencies: $750
Maximum Number of Participants: 24; Mininum: 8
When registering for a VICS Community Education workshop, you help to financially support our Crisis Chat and Crisis Text services.