Vancouver Island Crisis Society Overview
The Vancouver Island Crisis Society is a registered charitable organization (No. S-8826), serving the communities of Vancouver Island, the islands of the Georgia Strait, and the mainland communities between Powell River and Rivers Inlet, as defined by Island Health.
- Read our 2020 annual report (PDF) which includes call statistics and highlights some of our 50-year history.
- Annual report archive: 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
The Vancouver Island Crisis Society is committed to providing accessible voice, text and chat crisis intervention and suicide prevention services, including postvention programs. We endeavour to provide emotional support during times of crisis, information about community resources, education intended to promote community wellness, and reduce the incidence of suicide. We value the principals of confidentiality, non-judgmental acceptance, and respect for diversity, personal empowerment, and cooperation.
Accreditations and Affiliations
- American Association of Suicidology
- Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention
- Crisis Line Association of British Columbia
- Crisis Services Canada
- Greater Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer Nanaimo
Please also see our complete list of funders and donors.