Vancouver Island Crisis Society Overview
The Vancouver Island Crisis Society is a registered charitable organization (No. S-8826), serving the communities of Vancouver Island, the islands of the Georgia Strait, and the mainland communities between Powell River and Rivers Inlet, as defined by Island Health.
- Read our 2022 annual report (PDF) which includes contact statistics.
- Annual report archive: 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
The Vancouver Island Crisis Society is committed to providing accessible voice, text and chat crisis intervention and suicide prevention services, including postvention programs. We endeavour to provide emotional support during times of crisis, information about community resources, education intended to promote community wellness, and reduce the incidence of suicide. We value the principals of confidentiality, non-judgmental acceptance, and respect for diversity, personal empowerment, and cooperation.
Accreditations and Affiliations
- American Association of Suicidology
- Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention
- Crisis Line Association of BC
- Crisis Services Canada
- Greater Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer Nanaimo
- BC Crisis Line Network
Please also see our complete list of funders and donors.