Recognizing and Responding to Mental Distress
This three-hour program emphasizes a strengths-based, trauma-informed, approach to mental health. It is for anyone interested in acquiring an understanding of mental illness and the skills to deescalate someone experiencing a mental health crisis in order to help them.
Participants will learn:
- About the mental health spectrum
- What mental illness is and how it affects the people we work with
- The effects of trauma on our mental health
- How to shift focus from an at-risk to an at-promise perspective
- The neurophysiology of empathy
- How to effectively use non-violent communication
- About community resources in their area
If you are interested in having us present Recognizing and Responding to Mental Distress, please contact us at 250-753-2495, toll free at 1-877-753-2495, or via email at email@example.com. Please include preferred dates and an estimate of how many attendees from your agency or business would participate. Thank you.
Please note that this workshop can be facilitated on our premises, at your location, or in a virtual environment.
Fee: $750; Fee for nonprofit agencies: $450
Maximum Number of Participants: 24; Mininum: 8
When registering for a VICS Community Education workshop, you help to financially support our Crisis Chat and Crisis Text services.