Recognizing and Responding to Mental Distress
This three-hour program emphasizes a strengths-based, trauma-informed, approach to mental health. It is for anyone interested in acquiring an understanding of mental illness and the skills to deescalate someone experiencing a mental health crisis in order to help them.
Participants will learn:
- About the mental health spectrum
- What mental illness is and how it affects the people we work with
- The effects of trauma on our mental health
- How to shift focus from an at-risk to an at-promise perspective
- The neurophysiology of empathy
- How to effectively use non-violent communication
- About community resources in their area
If you are interested in having us present Recognizing and Responding to Mental Distress at your business place, please contact us at 250-753-2495, toll free at 1-877-753-2495, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee: $750; Fee for nonprofit agencies: $450
Maximum Number of Participants: 24; Mininum: 8
When registering for a VICS Community Education workshop, you help to financially support our Crisis Chat and Crisis Text services.