Course Registration Policies
There is a two-part registration process that must be completed in order for an applicant is considered registered for a Vancouver Island Crisis Society (VICS) workshop:
- Complete an online registration form
- Make full payment.
- Credit Card by calling VICS (office is open Monday to Thursday, from 9 to 12 and 1 to 4)
- PayPal Shopping Cart
- via email etransfer at email@example.com
- Cheque via post (which must received at least 14 days before workshop start date), made out to the Vancouver Island Crisis Society, PO Box 1118, Nanaimo, BC V9R 6E7. There is a $25 fee for NSF cheques.
Sttudents must submit a copy of their student identification card either as a scanned document attached to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or as a fax sent to 250-753-2475.
- Confirmation email for having completed your online registration form, which includes location of workshop;
- Payment receipt;
- A reminder email about a week before the workshop takes place, which includes information pertaining to the date, time, location, and parking directions for the course you will be attending.
People who have requested to be placed on a wait list for a particular workshop will be contacted if a seat becomes available. They will all be notified via email. Available seats are provided first-come, first-serve to the individual who first provides registration payment.
Course Cancellation by Registrant:
There will be no refunds if contacted within 14 days of the course start date. A place in a workshop can, however, be transferred to another person. If that is the case, you must let VICS know the name of the replacement registrant via email no later than 11:00 am PST on the business day following the day when VICS was notified of the original registrant being removed from the participants’ list for the workshop in question (business days and hours are shown at the bottom of this page). After that time has passed, the spot will be made available to persons on the wait list on a first-come, first-served basis.
If a registered (paid) participant for a workshop at our Training Centre falls ill before the workshop takes place and is unable to attend, they can send another person in their place, and notify VICS administrators in advance. If a replacement cannot be found, VICS will provide a one-time credit to be used for one future in‑house workshop participation, taking place within a one year from the original course start date the registrant was unable to attend due to COVID-19 illness or symptoms. There are no refunds.
Registrants must participate for the two full days of a two-day workshop or all hours indicated in a workshop in order to receive a certificate of completion.
By submitting your registration form, via PayPal shopping cart, email, fax, post, or in person, or if you have provided registration information by phone, you indicate that you have agreed to the policies stated in this document.
The Vancouver Island Crisis Society reserves the right to cancel or postpone the session. Full refunds will be issued if the session is cancelled.