Crisis, Compassion, and Boundary Setting Workshop - CLAW 2019
To commemorate Crisis Line Awareness Week 2019, Vancouver Island Crisis Society is pleased to present Crisis, Compassion, and Boundary Setting.
This two-hour workshop has been designed to help caregivers find inroads to connection with clients who are crisis-oriented, or whose difficult behaviours are challenging.
During the two-hour session, we will cover:
- The continuum of professional behaviour
- Strategies for helping someone with whom it is difficult to connect
- What to do when we feel like we’re “not getting anywhere” with a client
- Setting and maintaining professional and personal boundaries
- Self-Reflection, Mindful Practice, and Self-Care
The non-refundable registration fee is $25.00.
Please note that one hour will be set aside after the workshop to find out more about the Vancouver Island Crisis Line, Crisis Chat, and Crisis Text services. Community members who are not registered for the two-hour workshop are also welcome to stop by during this Q&A session to meet with us, learn more about our services, or pick up resource materials (Crisis Line, Crisis Chat and Crisis Text cards, posters, and rack cards).
Dates, Times, and Locations
- March 13, 2019, 9:00 am to 12:00 noon, Sitka Room
Ramada Duncan Cowichan Valley, 40 Trans-Canada Highway, Duncan
- March 18, 2019, 9:00 am to 12:00 noon, Silver Room
Crown Isle Resort, 399 Clubhouse Drive, Courtenay
- March 18, 2019, 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm, Vancouver Room
Coast Discovery Inn, 975 Shoppers Row, Campbell River
- March 19, 2019, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, Gigi'yak Room
Kwa'lilas Hotel, 9040 Granville Street, Port Hardy
- March 25, 2019, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
The Hospitality Inn, 3835 Redford Street, Port Alberni
- March 27, 2019, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, Blanshard Quadra Room
Comfort Inn & Suites, 3020 Blanshard Street, Victoria
Water will be available at all presentations.
Crisis, Compassion, and Boundary Setting Workshop
When registering for a VICS Community Education workshop, you help to financially support our Crisis Chat and Crisis Text services.