CIST - Workshop Description
This two-day research based workshop has been designed to teach a strengths-based approach to the communication, assessment, and suicide response skills essential for crisis intervention.
During this two-day interactive program, participants will learn:
- The definitions of crisis
- Trauma informed practice: How to shift focus from an “At Risk” to an “At Promise” perspective
- How to apply a crisis intervention model in crisis situations
- How to effectively assess crisis situations
- How to facilitate the development of a short-term coping plan for a person in crisis
- How to recognize and to respond to someone who is thinking about suicide
- Community resource information
Participants will receive a certificate of completion after they have taken part in both days of the workshop.
If you are interested in having us present CIST at your agency or business place, please contact us at 250-753-2495, toll free at 1-877-753-2495, or via email at email@example.com
© Vancouver Island Crisis Society. All rights reserved. No commercial reproduction, distribution or transmission of any part or parts of this workshop or any information contained therein by any means whatsoever is permitted without the prior written permission of Vancouver Island Crisis Society.