CIST - Workshop Description
During this two-day interactive program, which emphasizes a strengths-based approach to communication and assessment, participants will learn:
- The definitions of crisis
- Trauma informed practice: How to shift focus from an “At Risk” to an “At Promise” perspective
- How to apply a crisis intervention model in crisis situations
- How to effectively assess crisis situations
- How to facilitate the development of a short-term coping plan for a person in crisis
- How to spot the warning signs for suicide and effectively intervene
- New approaches for helping men
- Effective ways to find the “keys” to unlock hope in a person in crisis
- Community resource information
Participants will receive a certificate of completion after they have taken part in both days of the workshop.
If you are interested in having us present CIST at your agency or business place, please contact us at 250-753-2495, toll free at 1-877-753-2495, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
© Vancouver Island Crisis Society. All rights reserved. No commercial reproduction, distribution or transmission of any part or parts of this workshop or any information contained therein by any means whatsoever is permitted without the prior written permission of Vancouver Island Crisis Society.