Vancouver Island Crisis Society Overview
The Vancouver Island Crisis Society is a registered charitable organization (No. S-8826), serving the communities of Vancouver Island, the islands of the Georgia Strait, and the mainland communities between Powell River and Rivers Inlet, as defined by Island Health.
- Read our 2015-2016 annual report (PDF) which includes call statistics.
The Vancouver Island Crisis Society is committed to providing an accessible, 24-hour, telephone crisis and suicide prevention, intervention service, including postvention programs. We endeavour to provide emotional support during times of crisis, information about community resources, education intended to promote community wellness, and reduce the incidence of suicide. We value the principles of confidentiality, non-judgemental acceptance, respect for diversity, personal empowerment, and cooperation.
Accreditations and Affiliations
- American Association of Suicidology
- Canadian Association of Suicide Prevention
- Crisis Line Association of British Columbia
- Greater Nanaimo Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer Nanaimo
Please also see our complete list of funders and donors.