The VICS Community Education Department offers a variety of educational and training programs and is happy to develop a customized training program to suit your agency or business needs.
- Suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention
- Crisis Intervention
- Conflict resolution
- Effective communication
Some of the workshops offered by the Vancouver Island Crisis Society:
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training – The most widely used suicide intervention
training program in the world.
- Crisis Intervention Skills Training – The communication, assessment, boundary setting, suicide awareness and response skills needed for effective crisis intervention.
- Suicide Awareness and Response – A three-hour research-based workshop aimed at creating awareness about suicide and how to respond.
- Communication in the Workplace – A three-hour course teaching effective communication skills that can reduce defensiveness and hostility among co-workers to create positive work environments
- Hope and Healing – This three-hour workshop is designed to build capacity and awareness of Postvention for caregivers working with survivors of suicide. It is our belief that if survivors can understand the dynamics underlying this sudden and traumatic loss, they will be better able to work through the trauma and thereby allow the natural grieving process to unfold, and prevent long term effects.
Workshops have been delivered to:
- Vancouver Island Health Authority
- INTRAWORKS IT Communications
- Supporting Employment Transitions
- VI Vocational Rehab Services
- Snuneymuxw First Nation
- Cowichan Tribes
- Stz’uminus First Nation
- Kwakiutl District Council
- Cowichan Hospice Society
- Nanaimo General Hospital Paediatric Nurses
- School District No. 68 (Nanaimo-Ladysmith)
- Canadian Union of Public Employees
If you are interested in any of our workshops or would like to have a program developed for your organization, please contact us at 250-753-2495, toll free at 1-877-753-2495, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org