The VICS Community Education Department offers a variety of educational and training programs and is happy to develop a customized training program to suit your agency or business needs.
- Suicide prevention, intervention, and postvention
- Crisis Intervention
- Conflict resolution
- Effective communication
Some of the workshops offered by the Vancouver Island Crisis Society:
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training – The most widely used suicide intervention
training program in the world.
- Crisis Intervention Skills Training – The communication, assessment, boundary setting, suicide awareness and response skills needed for effective crisis intervention.
- Suicide Awareness and Response – A three-hour research-based workshop aimed at creating awareness about suicide and how to respond.
- Communication in the Workplace – A three-hour course teaching effective communication skills that can reduce defensiveness and hostility among co-workers to create positive work environments
- Vancouver Island Health Authority
- INTRAWORKS IT Communications
- Supporting Employment Transitions
- VI Vocational Rehab Services
- Snuneymuxw First Nation
- Cowichan Tribes
- Stz’uminus First Nation
- Kwakiutl District Council
- Cowichan Hospice Society
- Nanaimo General Hospital Paediatric Nurses
- School District No. 68 (Nanaimo-Ladysmith)
- Canadian Union of Public Employees
If you are interested in any of our workshops or would like to have a program developed for your organization, please contact Lyndsay Wells, Community Education Program Coordinator at 250-753-2495, toll free at 1-877-753-2495, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org