Crisis Intervention Skills Training
This two-day research based workshop has been designed to teach a strengths-based approach to the communication, assessment, and suicide response skills essential for crisis intervention.
During this two-day interactive program, participants will learn:
- The definitions of crisis
- Trauma informed practice: How to shift focus from an “At Risk” to an “At Promise” perspective
- How to apply a crisis intervention model in crisis situations
- How to effectively assess crisis situations
- How to facilitate the development of a short-term coping plan for a person in crisis
- How to spot the warning signs for suicide and effectively intervene
- New approaches for helping men
- Effective ways to find the “keys” to unlock hope in a person in crisis
- Community resource information
Upcoming Workshop Dates
- Next workshop: Nanaimo, October 27 and 28, 2015, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on both days
- If you wish to be added to a wait list for future presentations of the CIST workshop in your community, please let us know. Thank you.
If you are interested in having us present CIST at your agency or business place, please contact us at 250-753-2495, toll free at 1-877-753-2495, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This workshop can be facilitated at your site or in our Training Room.
Registration instructions and form at bottom of page
Payment options – payment must be made in advance:
- VISA or MasterCard by calling 250-753-2495 or 1-877-753-2495
- VISA or MasterCard in person at the administrative office located in Nanaimo
- Cash or cheque in person at the administrative office in Nanaimo
- Cheque via post at PO Box 1118, Nanaimo, BC V9S 1G9
(not available within 10 business days of first date of workshop presentation date)
- PayPal shopping cart (below); you do not need to be registered with PayPal to make a payment
When selecting a shopping cart below, page will refresh to display top of page. Please scroll down on this page to find your selection and proceed to PayPal. You do not need to join PayPal to make payment. When you register via PayPal, you demonstrate that you have read and agree with our registration policies.
Nanaimo, Oct. 27 & 28, 2015
$199.00 per person
Nanaimo, Oct. 26 & 27, 2015
$135.00 per student
The Vancouver Island Crisis Society is not a GST or PST registrant. Therefore, taxes are not applicable.
When shopping cart displays below, quantity ordered can be changed by typing in new value and pressing the Enter key.
Please note that you will be considered officially registered when payment has been received.
Course Registration Policies:
STEP 1: Complete a registration form (available in online, PDF, or paper format), accompanied by full payment, which must be received in our business office before you are considered a registrant.
To qualify for student pricing, students must submit a copy of their student identification card either as a scanned document attached to an email sent to email@example.com or as a fax sent to 250-753-2475.
Payment is accepted via credit card (by phone or in person), online via PayPal through our website at www.vicrisis.ca, or by cheque presented in person or sent via post to the Vancouver Island Crisis Society (which must received before you are considered to be registered), PO Box 1118, Nanaimo, BC V9R 6E7. There is a $25 fee for NSF cheques.
STEP 2: You will receive confirmation that you are a registrant via email, whereby the Vancouver Island Crisis Society will send you a registration receipt, as well as information pertaining to the time, location, and parking directions for the course you will be attending.
Waitlist Policy: If you are placed on a waitlist for a workshop, and a seat becomes available, everyone on the waitlist will be notified via email regarding the open seat. Open seats are given first-come, first-serve, to the individual who first provides registration payment.
Course Cancellation by Registrant: An administrative fee of $35.00 for regular registration and $25.00 for student registration will be charged if you cancel your registration for this course. There will be no deferrals to a future course date if contacted within 14 days of current course date.
The Vancouver Island Crisis Society reserves the right to cancel or postpone the session.
Full refunds will be issued if the session is cancelled.
Registrants must participate for the two full days of the course in order to receive a certificate of completion.
By submitting your registration form in any format (online, PDF, or paper) via the Internet, PayPal shopping cart, email, fax, post, or in person, or you have provided registration information by phone, you indicate that you have agreed to the policies stated above.
Filling out the registration form
You can register for the ASIST workshop by accessing one of the application forms below.
The free downloadable Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the printable PDF form.
Please note that you will not be considered as having registered until you have sent a completed registration form to the Crisis Society. You will be sent an email to confirm your participation, with directions to the training site, a week or so before the training date for the workshop.
- PRINTABLE APPLICATION FORM, which can be sent via fax or regular mail:
Download fax/mail application form (PDF).
• Fax the completed form to (250) 753-2475 or
• Mail it to the Vancouver Island Crisis Society, Box 1118, Nanaimo, BC V9R 6E7
- ONLINE APPLICATION FORM