Available through our website's HOME PAGE every night from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Through Crisis Chat, our goal is to provide non-judgemental emotional support via online chat services, as well as offer resource information. All crisis chat conversations are confidential; your privacy is important and no video communication is used. We ask for your age and gender for statistical purposes and to provide appropriate resources. Crisis Chat primarily serves the Vancouver Island area.
Crisis Chat service workers have the right to terminate a chat conversation if obscene or abusive language is directed at them.
If you are suicidal or in emotional distress outside of of hours of Crisis Chat service, please call the Vancouver Island Crisis Line at 1-888-494-3888. If you or someone you know is currently in the act of harming him/herself or someone else, or in need of immediate medical attention, please dial 911.
- When chat is available, click on the default icon on the home page.
- We require that you agree to the terms of chat.
- We urge you to abide by the rules of chat etiquette.
- Use a computer with access to a strong Internet connection.
- Use respectful language.
- Remain focussed on the chat and respond quickly. Keep multi-tasking to a minimum.
- If you need to step away from the chat for a moment, let the chat crisis worker know or end the chat. You can always initiate another chat later.