Crisis Intervention Skills Training
Next workshop: June 5 and 6, 2014 in Nanaimo
This workshop can be facilitated at your site or in our Training Room.
Registration instructions and form at bottom of page
Payment options: 1) credit card by phone; 2) credit card, debit card, or cheque in person at the office located in Nanaimo; or 3) via PayPal shopping cart (below)
$199.00 per person
$135.00 per student
The Vancouver Island Crisis Society is not a GST or PST registrant. Therefore, taxes are not applicable.
When shopping cart displays below, quantity ordered can be changed by typing in new value and pressing the Enter key.
Please note that you will be considered officially registered when payment has been received.
This two-day research based workshop has been designed to teach a strengths based approach to the communication, assessment, and suicide response skills essential for crisis intervention.
During this two-day interactive program, participants will learn:
- The definitions of crisis
- Trauma informed practice: How to shift focus from “At Risk” to an “At Promise” perspective
- How to apply a crisis intervention model in crisis situations
- How to effectively assess crisis situations
- How to facilitate the development of a short term coping plan for a person in crisis
- How to spot the warning signs for suicide and effectively intervene
- New Approaches for helping men
- Effective ways to find the “keys” to unlock hope in a person in crisis
- Community resource information
Filling out the registration form
You can register for the CIST workshop by accessing one of the application forms below.
The free downloadable Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the printable PDF form.
Please note that you will not be considered as having registered until you have sent a completed registration form to the Crisis Society. You will be sent an email to confirm your participation, with directions to the training site, a week or so before the training date for the workshop.
- PRINTABLE APPLICATION FORM, which can be sent via fax or regular mail:
Download fax/mail application form (PDF).
• Fax the completed form to (250) 753-2475 or
• Mail it to the Vancouver Island Crisis Society, Box 1118, Nanaimo, BC V9R 6E7
- ONLINE APPLICATION FORM