Crisis Intervention Skills Training
October 21 & 22, 2014, in Nanaimo, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm each day
THIS WORKSHOP HAS SOLD OUT!
If you would like to be added to our wait list,
please call 250-753-2495 or email us at email@example.com.
This workshop can be facilitated at your site or in our Training Room.
Registration instructions and form at bottom of page
This two-day research based workshop has been designed to teach a strengths-based approach to the communication, assessment, and suicide response skills essential for crisis intervention.
During this two-day interactive program, participants will learn:
- The definitions of crisis
- Trauma informed practice: How to shift focus from “At Risk” to an “At Promise” perspective
- How to apply a crisis intervention model in crisis situations
- How to effectively assess crisis situations
- How to facilitate the development of a short-term coping plan for a person in crisis
- How to spot the warning signs for suicide and effectively intervene
- New Approaches for helping men
- Effective ways to find the “keys” to unlock hope in a person in crisis
- Community resource information
If you are interested in having us present ASIST at your agency or business place, please contact us at 250-753-2495, toll free at 1-877-753-2495, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.